CONNECTION PASTOR/ASSOCIATE PASTOR | FULL-TIME
Position Objective: To join the pastoral team of Cornerstone Church with the emphasis of leading and overseeing small groups and overseeing Sunday teams.
Summary: Cornerstone Church is in Blue Springs, Missouri, a suburb of Kansas City and is led by Pastor Shawn Apking. For the past 30+ years, Cornerstone Church has been sharing The Gospel and leading people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus who values His presence and to become more like Jesus.
Cornerstone Church is looking for a full-time Connection/Associate Pastor to partner with them in building a small group ministry that allows people to be connected and facilitates discipleship and to assist in pastoral leadership in our growing church family. A large portion this role consists of leading teams and managing people well.
The Connection Pastor will be responsible for the heart, quality, and execution of leading a small group ministry, development, and recruitment of volunteers - providing quality and creative support in all areas of connection and discipleship as well as our First Impression ministry teams. This person will not just come in to maintain, but will creatively cast vision, develop strategies, inspire volunteers, and help build a strong culture of connection and discipleship, teaching God’s Word and discipling leaders.
- A pastor trained to disciple and connect people to God and others.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital growing personal relationship as a believer in Jesus, engaging in the daily study of God’s Word and prayer.
- Commitment to moral purity
- Commitment to developing a strong marriage and family life
- Daily dependence on the empowerment and leading of Holy Spirit to direct your life and ministry
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Cornerstone Church
- Biblically grounded and passionate about God, His Presence, the Church, building leaders and discipling teams.
- Highly relational leader who can develop and recruit group leaders, inspire volunteers, develop leaders, and can delegate tasks appropriately
- Organization, multi-tasking ability and excellent time-management skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Balanced combination of self-starter and team player
- Entrepreneur and steady developer
- Creative, enthusiastic, and personable
- A risk-taker, yet is teachable
- Agree with our statement of Faith and meet all requirements to become a member of Cornerstone Church.
- Two years in a ministry leadership/care role
- Prepare and execute Sunday Service team and other meetings throughout the week with a high level of excellence.
- Ensure First Impression team is prepared to minister.
- Lead Ministry moments with congregation from platform, when necessary.
- Lead ministry moments with teams.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor on transitions, times, and close of service.
- Oversee media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting, production of the Sunday service.
- Connect with congregation when possible before or after services.
- Lead pre-service meeting and prayer before service with teams.
- Participate in all Ministry Staff meetings, currently Tuesdays at 9:30am.
- Participate in Ministry Lead Team planning and events.
- Strategically balance a minimum of 40 hours weekly between in-office and outside-office by integrating self-development, ministry to others and team development while fulfilling duties in a timely manner.
- Develop creative ways to disciple others while performing tasks.
- Create discipleship opportunities/trainings for all of our leaders.
- Connect with first time families to our church helping them get connected.
- Schedule and teach our Growth Track and Welcome Lunch.
- Integrate on-going personal development, spiritually, relationally, and professionally.
- Work under the direction of the Lead Pastor to plan and execute all worship services at Cornerstone.
- Schedule and maintain all information regarding programming and time management in Planning Center.
- Help oversee the maintenance of our building and property.
- Participate in the life of Cornerstone Church, attending regularly services, all-church events and small group series, engaging as a life-giving member.
- Provide pastoral care (available to counsel, mentor, teach, visit, pray, officiate weddings, funerals and assist in other pastoral responsibilities).
- Participate in Pastor On-Call rotations as required.
- Regularly attend a Cornerstone Group and foster and oversee groups participation.
- Lead and encourage the congregation into appropriate ministries.
- Participate in a teaching capacity, teaching periodically equip classes and Sunday morning services.
- Integrate into leadership, developing a working knowledge of Cornerstone’s values, and ministry protocols, and culture of community, discipleship and evangelism.
- Recognize, support and release the leadership gifts and callings in teams.
- Create strategies to help grow the culture of connection at Cornerstone.
- Set annual goals for the ministries responsible for that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Culture of Honor
At Cornerstone, we seek to build and nurture a culture for our organization that produces and protects a God-honoring atmosphere. We lay the foundation for this cultural expression by personally living out Cornerstone’s values and instilling them in all who work alongside us on our staff.
Submit a photo and resume with no less than four, non-family references. Also include the following:
Links to at least two, video-only teaching samples.
Personality, DISC, Strength-Finder type assessment scores if available.
Photos of special events, set designs, or other creative elements???
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org