We are excited to join with our Radiant network of churches for 21 days of prayer and fasting! We’re inviting you to take time, prepare your heart, and ask God what He wants of you during these 21 days. Even if that means fasting longer than you’ve ever fasted, removing more comforts than you’d prefer, or taking time to pray early in the morning and late at night, we’re expecting God to move like never before in our church family.
Once you hear from God and have clarity on what this SEEK season will look like for you, we encourage you to write it down and share it with your community. Making your vision known to your Life Group, family, or friends is an excellent way to share what God is doing in your life and build accountability.
WHAT IS GOD ASKING OF YOU?
STEP 1: Choose a Fast
Fasting is an invitation from the Lord for us to engage with Him in a heightened way. There is no right or wrong way to fast, and there are many different kinds of fasts to choose from. Here are several ways you can participate:
- 1-day fast each week for the entire day
- 3-day liquid fast
- 10-day Daniel fast or liquid fast
- 21-day Daniel fast, liquid fast, or 1 meal per day
- Water fast: Abstaining from all forms of food and drink other than water
- Juice fast: Abstaining from all solid food and only drinking juice and water
- Daniel fast: Eating only vegetables and abstaining from meats, sweets, etc.
- Selective meal fast: Abstaining from certain meals and snacks throughout the day and only eating a reduced amount during a single designated mealtime
Regardless of the type of fast you choose to participate in during Seek, it’s important to pray about what God is leading you to do, as well as consult a doctor and educate yourself if you have any questions or health concerns.
STEP 2: Remove Comfort
We encourage you to set aside some of the comforts that consume your time and spend extra time seeking God’s face. Here are a few comforts that you can abstain from:
- Social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok)
- Entertainment (movies, TV, YouTube)
- Buying material items (instead, donate and give to the poor)
- _________ (fill in the blank)
STEP 3: Pray and Intercede
Scripture teaches us that something unique and powerful happens when believers gather together in faith to seek God and cry out to Him with one voice. Here are some ways to engage through prayer and worship:
Attend at least 1 prayer meeting per week
Attend every SEEK Wednesday night service
Set morning alarm 30 minutes early to pray
STEP 4: Read the Bible
- During these 21 days, carve out significant time to spend reading the Bible. Here are a few reading challenges:
- Start and complete a 21-Day YouVersion Reading Plan
- Start 1-Year YouVersion Full Bible Reading Plan
- Read the entire New Testament in 21 days
- Read the entire Bible in 21 days