What a great time to fast and pray and start out 2018 pursuing God and surrendering every area of our lives to Him! We encourage you to ask the Lord what He may want you to give up for the 21 days to fully dedicate time to reading God’s Word, praying, and listening to His direction for your life, your family, or the church in the upcoming year.
- To pursue the Lord with greater intention
- To set our focus on Him and His Word
- To dedicate time to hearing His voice and obeying Him
- To realign our priorities to His draw nearer to God.
Biblical fasting always has to do with eliminating distractions for a spiritual purpose; it hits the reset button of our soul and renews us from the inside out. It also enables us to celebrate the goodness and mercy of God and prepares our hearts for all the good things God desires to bring into our lives.
WHY 21 DAYS?
- To establish an ongoing habit of prayer and study of His Word
- To increase commitment and depth to already established habits.
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT TO FAST
Pray and ask the Lord. You might fast one meal a day or a certain type of food. The purpose is to deny your flesh and feed your spirit. Ask yourself what unnecessary things take most of your time in your daily life. Is it social media, television, entertainment?
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR DAILY DEVOTION, HERE!
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING PRAYER & FASTING RESOURCES